About MT Planners: MT Planners is an internationally renowned design firm specializing in landscape architecture, urban design, open space planning and environmental planning. We are a team of designers committed to the process of creating the environments needed to sustain humanity in the 21st century.
Over the past 50 years our firm has focused on a natural systems approach to city design addressing the critical issues that face our world. Our projects range in complexity, scale and are developed with an unyielding commitment to resilient and socially transformative results.
Each of MTP’s projects is driven by a vision of a unique people and a unique land. We think about the people, their communities and their future generations who will be the benefactors of a healthier environment. Our projects share a common goal to repair and enhance the natural systems that support us all.
In responding to the complexity and pressures of modern cities and the natural systems that support them, we must dedicate our focus to improving and enriching urban environments through the integration of science and design. A systems approach to city design focuses on implementing sustainable practices that will resurrect entire environments from collapse to become thriving focal points of community life. How we assess the performance of our communities will define its treatment program. First, we must support higher functions, then care for the vital systems, then repair what is broken over time. The solutions we seek may be realized through an integrated systems approach to city redesign.
We are looking to grow our team with individuals who have an ethos towards environmentally sustainable solutions, big picture integration with socio-economic systems, and understanding of ecology and natural systems, and a strong capacity for turning analysis and research into designed solutions and deliverables. You will be a member of a team who is passionate and driven. You will work closely with the company leadership, your colleagues and an inspiring consultant network to generate thoughtful and thorough deliverables that range from Master Plan spatial strategies to Contract documentation. For this position we look for these key points:
- University degree in Landscape Architecture / Architecture or recognized equivalent
- Relevant Professional experience, min 3 years
- Proficiency in AutoCad is required, high proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite is required.
- A level of experience and proficiency in Rhino and/or Sketch Up is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Arc GIS Pro, including project set up, delivery, packaging and good database management and organization practices to work with client and consultant data exchange.
- Demonstrate clear, organized communication skills, verbal, written and graphic, as well as the ability to adapt to multiple web based communication platforms for our current work from home situation and also in communications with our international clients and consultants.
- Must be familiar with the stages of a design process, understand and be able to manage deliverables and be able to assist in development of critical analysis, collaborative coordination internally and externally with our partners and clients, preparing plans, coordinated and large complicated technical drawing sets
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of what is involved in the different design stages such as; levels of expected design detail, communications, consultant coordination, costing, value engineering.
- Must show ability to conduct efficient workflows and engage with effective communication to both internal and external team members, especially graphically in maps, plans and studies.
- Must be excited about working within a dynamic team environment, ready to provide inputs towards complex, multi-disciplinary design projects ranging from Master Plans to full tender packages.
- Demonstrate interest in big picture systems thinking to connect every design decision to the goal of developing sustainable cities, thriving communities and healthy natural systems.
This position is particularly focused on coordinating, organizing and communicating data, and design through maps, 3D diagrams, and modelling. You will be required to maintain clean workflows across multiple platforms for presentations, internal and external team coordination and digital client deliverables. You will be expected to understand and follow office and client standards for delivery in Autocad and Arc GIS Pro.
- Clear understanding of deliverable outputs for large complex projects with multiple consultants and inputs
- Proven experience organizing databases and digital project deliverables as well as a clear understanding of efficient project archiving and organization
- High level of proficiency of Auto Cad, Arc GIS and Rhino, demonstrating ability to organize large complex projects, troubleshoot issues, ensure project set-up and workflows are clean and accurate, able to solve high level problems relating to geo location, integrating files from other platforms including GIS, Rhino, and manage general quality of outputs
- Accurate and efficient methods for take offs and tracking of quantities through the platforms described above.
- Detail oriented, quality driven, high level of communication skills for internal and external coordination and high capacity for working in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret and incorporate critical design inputs and coordinating consultant drawings including Architectural, Engineering, Hydrology, Environmental Assessments, Reports
- Ability and experience accessing, reading, and incorporating planning acts, building codes, best practices, standards and guidelines, etc for relevant governing authorities. Our work lands in a wide range of places in the world, quickly understanding governing standards is critical.
If you share in our professional purpose and are interested in exciting projects that range in scale, scope and complexity and you have a desire to gain experience with both local and international work please submit your digital cover letter, resume, at least two references and portfolio to our senior team at [email protected] attn: Tara McCarthy. Please tell us a little bit about what makes you excited about this field, how you qualify for the level of professional experience we require and please include anything additional about yourself that you would like us to know.
We are a studio in Toronto, Canada, located at 130 Queen’s Quay East. We deeply cherish our studio environment, and we are grateful to have a beautiful physical office to nurture our team environment. We have staff who work in office, and we also have staff living in locations outside of the City of Toronto who work remotely. We expect those who work remotely to have very strong discipline when it comes to communicating tasks, workflows and collaborating with all team members regularly as we would in person. We offer either remote or in office positions.
We welcome all who professionally qualify to apply and we look forward to a conversation with all whom we reach out to.