FORREC Ltd. Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it. The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Junior Landscape Architect who is passionate about design, innovation and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession. Come join our dynamic team and multi-disciplinary design studio.
· Actively participates in the development of assigned projects from preliminary concept through to detailed design.
· Prepares technical/CAD drawings under the supervision of more senior landscape architecture staff.
· Designs, develops, modifies, and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
· Corrects and updates documents.
· Develops solutions to technical problems under supervision from senior landscape architects.
· Assists in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments.
· Participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
· 1-4 years’ experience working in a professional landscape architectural office
· Eligibility or working towards full membership in OALA (or equivalent)
· Good design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
· Proficiency in the basic technical skills of landscape architecture including the following computer skills:
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Proficiency in Computer file management.
. Proficiency in Revit highly desirable but not required.
· Working knowledge in SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
· Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
· Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
· Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
· Strong organizational, and communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Demonstrated experience in the preparation of construction documents and contract administration is an asset