DTAH is an award-winning landscape architecture, architecture, and urban design firm recognized for projects that contribute to a memorable public realm. We provide the highest level of professional service in a truly integrated, multi-disciplinary studio setting that is stimulating, disciplined, congenial and enjoyable. We work hard, we produce great work, and we take pride in our accomplishments.
We are currently looking for a Landscape Architect to fill a full-time design position in our studio. We are looking for someone who has the experience and confidence to manage projects, working closely with firm Partners and to manage project teams.
Project types will include the design of public parks and plazas, waterfronts, transit infrastructure, ecological design, green infrastructure, institutional/campus landscapes and neighbourhood-scale development projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Landscape Architect with the following qualifications and skills:
- A curiosity for urban spaces and the public realm, combined with a passion for our profession and a positive attitude.
- A drive to innovate and explore new ideas.
- Strong design ability, a keen sense of graphics, and the enthusiasm to create compelling narratives to express our design ideas;
- Experience acting as a project manager for landscape architectural and urban design projects. A minimum 5 years of experience working in a studio environment.
- Has, or is pursuing professional registration as a Landscape Architect in Ontario, or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills, and experience presenting design concepts;
- Effective time-management skills with experience in complex, multi-disciplinary projects;
- Ability to balance multiple projects with consecutive/overlapping schedules and delivery dates;
- Experience and comfort with producing CAD/Details and Construction Documents
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Office, Adobe CS, SketchUp and Rhino;
- Experience with Land F/X, BIM/Revit, Grasshopper and MicroStation would be considered an asset;
We provide a competitive salary along with health and dental coverage. Additionally, we offer opportunities for professional growth. Our firm values work-life balance, recognizing the need to align career obligations with family commitments.
Please respond to: [email protected] with ‘Landscape Architect/Designer Position’ in the subject line of the email.
- Cover letter expressing your interest;
- Portfolio (pdf or link) with project examples;
- Minimum two (2) references.