Senior Landscape Architect
FORREC Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
Who We Are:
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it.
The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.
The Senior Landscape Architect reports to the Studio Director - Landscape Architecture and works closely with the Landscape Architecture Team and Project Managers.
The incumbent is responsible for collaborating on assigned landscape architecture projects, including design development, preparation of technical drawings and meeting client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget.
We’re currently looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Designer/Architect who is passionate about innovation, entertainment, sustainability, ecology and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession.
This position presents opportunities to work in our landscape architecture practice, supporting world class entertainment destinations, attractions, and resorts.
Education and Skills:
· Bachelors or master’s degree in landscape architecture or equivalent.
· 7+ years experience working in a professional landscape architectural office.
· Proven organization and time management skills
· Ability to produce presentation drawings, construction drawings, specifications and tender documents for different types of projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Expertise in AutoCAD 2018 is required.
· Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is required.
· High Proficiency in Revit software is required.
· Proficiency in SketchUp is an asset.
. Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
. Demonstrated design and creative skills.
. Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
. Strong organizational, and communication skills.
. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
. Demonstrated ability and experience in leading a team of Junior and Intermediate designers. . . . . Obvious enthusiasm and passion for landscape architecture and design.
. Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
. Ability to communicate ideas with freehand sketches.
. Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing and interpreting technical working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, wall sections & construction details)
. Strong project Management skills.
Why Choose FORREC?
· A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
. A hybrid work environment.
· A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
· Varied social events led by our social committee.
· Flexible hours.
· Comprehensive benefits plan.
· Company matching group retirement savings plan.
· Public transit at the door.
Please submit your resume and portfolio by March 15th, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FORREC is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.