- Continuing Education Committee Member
Continuing Education Committee Member
OALA is seeking volunteers to join the Continuing Education Committee (CEC).
The role of the CEC is to support the OALA Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Program and provide members with enhanced professional development opportunities that will help fulfill the program requirements.
- Deliver content to contribute to the Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) requirements; assist in setting annual goals and schedule for continuing educational programs, workshops, training and webinars, and annual conference planning.
- Identify and set annual educational priorities, topics or themes.
- Assist in sourcing and organizing speakers, presenters, workshop and tour leaders for the educational programming at the annual conference.
- Work to ensure educational programs, events and externally supported events are communicated to the membership.
The Continuing Education Committee meets virtually once a month for 90 minutes and other committee work is done via email and phone on an ad-hoc basis.
Length of Term
Unlimited. Members are required to annually confirm their continued involvement on the committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Be an OALA member in any category in good standing
- Understanding of the OALA Mandatory Continuing Education Program
- Awareness of professional requirements and local regulations
- Keen interest in the ongoing evolution and growth of the profession
Benefits of the position
- Offers incredible networking opportunities and gives you visibility
- Be energized and rewarded while giving back to your Association and helping advance the profession
- Develop skills in event planning and logistics in a support environment
- Learn about what’s new and innovative within the profession by speaking with the leaders of our profession
- Gain Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) credits
The Committee seeks to increase representation from across the province to ensure the diversity of OALA membership is reflected.
How to apply
All interested volunteers are invited to submit their expression of interest by completing the application form. Please reply by February 28, 2023.