This is an accessibility statement from the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA).
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Our website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of the OALA website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for our website:
- PDFs: Many of the PDFs on the site have not been remediated for accessibility compliance. We are making an effort to convert PDFs to HTML webpages, where appropriate. In the meantime, please contact us to request PDF content in an alternative format.
- YouTube Videos: Transcriptions are not available. If required, please contact us to request a transcription.
- Issuu integration: Our website utilizes Issuu to view Ground magazine. This application is not compatible with screen readers. In the meantime, please contact us to request the content in an alternative format.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the OALA website. If you encounter any accessibility barriers as you navigate the website or require information in an alternate format, please contact us.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: 3 Church Street, #506, Toronto, ON M5E 1M2
We will strive to respond to your feedback within 2-3 business days.