Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay my dues online?
- Sign in to your account
- Once logged in, click on My Dashboard.
- See the Fees and Dues section to find your member dues for 2024. Payments can be made in the following ways:
- Pay directly online
- Download your invoice and select your preferred method of payment: etransfer, cheque, credit card
- Please note, you must have completed your MCE credits to access and download your invoice.
What are my member dues for 2024?
|Annual Rate 2023||Annual Rate 2024|
|Full Member||$615 *||$633 *|
|Full Member - Inactive||$185||$191|
|Full Member - Semi-retired||$461 *||$475 *|
|Full Member - Retired||$123||$127|
|Associate||$169 *||$174 *|
|Associate after 7 years||$467 *||$481 *|
* Note: Full members also pay $225 CSLA dues in 2023; $240 in 2024. Semi-retired pay 75%. Associates also pay $27 CSLA Associate dues in 2023; $30 in 2024.
Do I need to be logged in to pay my dues/access my invoice?
Yes, you must be logged into the member area to view your dues and process payment. Please sign in to access your member dashboard.
Can I log in and pay directly from the invoice reminder email?
No. All members must first sign into their account to pay their invoice.
What if my employer pays my dues, can they login on my behalf?
No, it is a member's responsibility to pay their dues. All members must login to download their invoice and submit it to their employer for payment.
Can the OALA send me a PDF of my invoice?
No. The Member must confirm their member contact information and confirm they have completed their MCE credits to receive their invoice. The invoice can only be generated once the Member logs in and provides this information.
Why can't I view my invoice when I click on the Pay Dues button?
Prior to viewing your invoice online, all Members are asked to confirm certain details and demographics. These sections must be completed before you can view any outstanding fees.
Once you have completed all sections noted on the left-hand side, you will be able to pay your dues online or download your invoice to make payment by cheque or etransfer.
I am retired, do I need to pay member dues?
- Yes, if you changed status to Full Member – Retired on January 1, 2020 of after. Full Members – Retired changed to this status January 1, 2020 or later, pay annual member dues that are 20% of Full member dues.
- Dues are optional, if you changed status to Full Member – Retired on December 31, 2019 or before.
Through legacy, these members may choose to pay but the Full Member – Retired dues.
The changes to membership options were approved by OALA Membership at the 2019 AGM and came into force January 2020.
Read more about OALA Membership Categories
Why does it say I owe fees when I already paid my 2024 member dues?
If paid your dues by etransfer or cheque, OALA staff will manually update your account once payment has been received and deposited. This may take a few weeks to appear updated in your account.
How do I update my Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE)?
- Member MCE activities were imported from the previous website.
- You can always leave the MCE pages and come back later to add more activities.
- MCE statements are locked after you submit the statement. If your statement is locked and you need to make changes, please contact us.
- To update MCE: sign in, click My Dashboard. Scroll down to the Mandatory Continuing Education section and click the statement you want to update.
My MCE credit requirement is 0. How do I submit my statement and access my invoice?
If your MCE credit requirement is 0, you may click on the start to complete your MCE. Then just click through to save and submit. By doing this, you have submitted your MCE statement with the required amount of 0.