LA CES Approved 3 PDHs
In this journey, the series navigates through the complete green roof process; from recognizing opportunities, to planning, material selection, system design, specifications and drawings, construction and maintenance.
In the first installment, participants learn how green roof technology can open new opportunities for various stakeholders and that a successful project requires a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach. We examine, the often overlooked, key design considerations necessary in the planning process to ensure each green roof project will receive a good start because “well begun is half done”.
1. Recognize the benefits green roofs contribute on building and community levels.
2. Apply a multidisciplinary collaborative approach in designing a green roof.
3. Identify and analyze opportunities that could benefit from green roof technology.
4. Evaluate the key design considerations involved during the planning process of a green roof.
In the second installment, participants get an overview on the North American green roof market. We explore individual components, learn about their functions and selection criterion, and how to put them together into engineered systems to achieve specific design goals. An emphasize is placed on the strongest driver behind the current green roof growth in North America, stormwater management.
1. Distinguish the various types of green roofs, their market share and cost positions.
2. Define typical components and their assembly placement based on functional criteria.
3. Select proper components to create green roof systems to achieve various design intents.
4. Incorporate retention and detention elements to elevate stormwater management capacity.
In the final installment, participants learn how to communicate their green roof design goals clearly and effectively through construction documentation including specifications and drawings. We also take a step-by-step look at a construction case study. Finally, we complete our journey by highlighting the green roof aftercare and maintenance necessary to ensure long term success.
1. Create clear and effective construction documentation to communicate the requirements.
2. Recognize and avoid architectural and engineering design pitfalls that are often overlooked.
3. Understand the construction and installation process of a typical green roof.
4. Specify maintenance program to ensure long term success of the project.
Karen Liu, PhD, Green Roof Specialist and James Weldon, GRP, Technical Sales Rep
Live Online Across Canada
How to Book:
Contact James Weldon at [email protected]