- Ground Quarterly
- Ground Magazine Editorial Board
Ground Magazine Editorial Board
Posting date: August 11, 2022
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Location: Online (from home)
Are you interested in volunteering with the OALA, but looking for a role that allows you to share ideas, create, collaborate and innovate while establishing connections with a diverse group of people? Well, look no further as the Ground Magazine Editorial Board is looking for members who want to explore and create.
Ground Magazine is a means of keeping up with industry advances and news and offers advertising opportunities for product specification, resources and product selection. The magazine is distributed quarterly to persons directly and indirectly associated with the landscape architecture profession.
Benefits of the position:
- Opportunity to participate on the committee by/with: writing, interviewing, supplying photos, acting as Web Liaison volunteer
- Offers incredible networking opportunities and gives you visibility
- Develop new skills that can be practiced in a supportive environment
- Give back to your association and help advance the profession; it can be energizing and rewarding!
- Learn about what’s new and innovative within the profession by speaking with the leaders of our profession
- Gain MCE credits
What would I do as a member of the Editorial Board?
- Attend a monthly meeting
- Bring ideas of specific articles or writers to the meetings.
- Brainstorm ideas and generate specific suggestions of themes, articles, writers, images
- Follow through on any commitments agreed to at meetings
- Have fun-each person will have a different level of involvement with each issue of the magazine.
- The board meets once a month usually on a Monday evening, 6:00PM-8:00PM
- Time as required to complete any editorial assignments taken on my member.
Length of appointment
- Minimum for the length of producing one issue (4-6 months) with an opportunity to extend commitment.
How to Apply
To join, please email Richard Stamper, [email protected]