MOC Call for Members
The Municipal Outreach Committee is seeking volunteers.
The Committee’s mandate is to raise the profile of landscape architects such that they are recognized by Ontario municipalities as professionals and respected leaders in physical environmental planning and design, whose expertise contributes to creating healthy, safe and livable communities and sustainable landscapes.
- Identify municipal issues, which landscape architects should be responsible for and can provide solutions, either as municipal staff, or external consultants.
- Provide key messaging to elected officials, municipal leaders and senior municipal staff on the value of landscape architects.
- Produce promotional materials and articles pertinent to municipal targeted periodicals.
- Promote a partnership with the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO).
- Assist in the pursuit of the Landscape Architect Practice Act.
- An understanding of Ontario municipal issues
- Experience, an interest and contacts in Ontario municipal governments and the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO)
- Knowledge and understanding of protecting the public interest and safety in executing capital infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to define key messaging on the value of landscape architects in municipal works, their role and services, both as staff and as external consultants.
Be energized and rewarded contributing to your Association and advancing the profession
Earn Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) credits
Enhance leadership and communication skills
To learn more about this opportunity and submit your expression of interest, visit the OALA website. Please reply by February 28, 2023.