Senior Landscape Architect/Designer
One Leisure seeks a strong, creative, well-rounded Intermediate Landscape Architect/Designer with solid management skills. Responsibilities include developing design ideas and guiding others through all phases of the design process, ranging from Master Planning and Concept Design to Construction Documentation and Site Implementation.
About One Leisure
Our boutique studio is a highly creative atmosphere offering a rich and diverse experience by creating designs for international luxury hotels, resorts, and residential garden design. We seek self-motivated individuals for an opportunity to integrate into our One Leisure design team. Passion, honesty, and enthusiasm are the fundamental cornerstones required by our team members. We are located in the heart of Toronto and enjoy easy access to parking and transit.
If you wish to contribute to developing and expressing our designs in various global landscape environments, advance your career and have tremendous fun and rewards, contact One Leisure.
The role and responsibilities will include:
- Design and management of projects from concept/master plan through contract administration;
- Responding to the direction of the Design Director;
- Proven experience in project management, design, and construction document production management, client meetings, and group presentation;
- Assemble team and resources to identify deliverables and timelines, prepare and modify plans/designs, assisting clients in advancing projects toward completion
- Graphic presentation design for large-scale print material & digital conferencing;
- General office duties as part of the operation of a small business;
- The ability to travel is a plus.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- Strong sense of project management, including client and consultant coordination;
- The ability to manage multidisciplinary project teams;
- The ability to communicate in Mandarin is an asset;
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office;
- Great hand-rendering ability is highly valued;
- Demonstrated technical skills in the preparation of working drawings in plan, section, elevation, and details;
- Experience with luxury hotels and resort design in Asia;
- Working knowledge of plants and planting design – Mediterranean through Tropical, and a desire to expand your flora knowledge base;
- Irrigation design and documentation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, positive attitude, and people skills;
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Working knowledge of the luxury hospitality industry in Asia;
- Valid G driver’s license
- Licensed in Ontario or other regions and Membership with OALA is considered an asset; and
- A landscape architect/designer with 10+ years of experience in a landscape architecture or design office is required.
If international hotel and resort design is appealing and you believe you possess the skills for the position, please submit your resume and work samples via mail or email to the address below.
Your Required Application Documents
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of work or link to online portfolio; email limit 10MB maximum
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. We thank all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Attn: Career Opportunity